Our Series in 21eTeacher prepares preK-12 educators to use today’s e-learning tools and techniques to incorporate technology-based instruction into their classrooms to have a greater impact on student learning. 21eTeacher bridges the digital divide … developing 21st century teachers to meet the needs of 21st century students. The 12-credit graduate course series (4 courses) can be completed in 18 months.
Today’s students are digital natives. From an early age, they are exposed to computers, cell phones, and computerized games and gadgets. More than any other generation, they are aware of a world beyond their homes and are accustomed to fast action, quick answers, and visual and auditory stimulation.
While today’s students are digital natives, many teachers are more likely to be digital immigrants. The uses of technology are not always second nature to them, and they may fail to see the potential uses of technology in the classroom.
21eTeacher builds …
- Energy and excitement in learning
- Engagement with new media that involves and motivates participants
- Exploration through instructional content and technology media
- Experiences to collaborate with other teachers participating in these courses
- Skills that meet or exceed the ISTE National Education Technology Standards (NETS) for Teachers:
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Design and develop digital-age learning experiences and assessment
- Model digital-age work and learning
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- Engage in professional growth and leadership
Who Should Enroll?
The courses are appropriate for classroom teachers who want to effectively utilize technology in the classroom, as well as for curriculum specialists and administrators who need to understand the elements of student success from blended teaching models.
Completion of the series demonstrates evidence of specialized educational achievement in eTeaching. The skills learned meet or exceed the ISTE National Education Technology Standards (NETS) for Teachers.
- Anywhere - Online