12-15 Weeks Before the Semester Begins
- Complete your class syllabus using the required SCPS Syllabus/Class Overview Template.
- Receive approval on your finalized syllabus from your program director.
- If your course will include any required synchronous meetings, the time and dates must be determined in advance and listed in the course catalog. Students cannot be required to attend any synchronous meetings that are not listed in the course catalog.
The following items will only apply if you plan on holding live online meetings:
- Review the Zoom Quick Start Guide for Instructors
- Create and complete a practice session to familiarize yourself with this tool.
- Schedule a Zoom practice session with the SCPS IDT Team
- For additional information, please see the following resources for Zoom Support:
5-11 Weeks Before the Semester Begins
- Update any documents or resources containing old dates or information.
- Begin to digitize and add new resources/activities to your class site.
- New course sites will become available in Canvas approximately 6 weeks before the start of the semester. At this time, you will be prompted to copy over your old course site to the new one or build a new site from scratch.
3-4 Weeks Before the Semester Begins
- Upload Class Syllabus & Overview to new class site.
- Review any necessary documentation from the Canvas Community Guides.
- Check-in with the SCPS IDT Team with any questions and/or to request a class site review.
2 Weeks Before the Semester Begins
- Post the first announcement to your class.
- Use the Beginning of Course Checklist to do a self-review of your course site.