Accounting Certificate Online
The program provides the required coursework and hours to sit for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination. The undergraduate Accounting Certificate online is for individuals new to the accounting profession and for mid-level professionals looking to advance their careers and increase their earning potential. Applicants only need a high school diploma to apply for the certificate, but students who want to sit for the CPA exam must have an undergraduate degree.
Advance your accounting credentials and career, and join the UVA family for life. Apply now!
|Start Dates||August, January, May|
|Estimated Cost||$13,260 (same in-state and out-of-state)|
|Duration||30 undergraduate credits / 10 courses / 20 months on average|
|Next Application Deadline|
April 1, 2020 for Summer 2020 term
Summer 2020: April 1
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree for individuals preparing to sit for the CPA exam
$13,260 (same in-state and out-of-state)
- This program is not eligible for financial aid
- Career advancement for newcomers to accounting
- CPA preparation for mid-level professionals with a bachelor's degree
* The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements.
Nammy is the director of the Certificate in Accounting program, and also facilitates learning as an assistant professor. She has many years of experience teaching adult learners in a community college setting, and empathises with those students who are working hard to prepare for the CPA exam while also working full and part-time jobs. As an instructor, she fine-tunes her approach to the aptitudes of each individual student while thoughtfully addressing their academic needs.Read more
A painter by trade with a natural aptitude for accounting, Fran came to SCPS because she wanted to expand her career options by taking the CPA exam. The Certificate in Accounting program not only prepared her for the exam, it exposed her to new topics and built her confidence in the accounting field. She is now employed as finance manager in the fundraising department at the Phillips Collection in Washington, DC.Read more